4 tablespoons raw cashew butter
2½ cups water
2 tablespoons raw agave or honey
4 dashes of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 bag yerba mate tea leaves
PREPARING INSTANT CASHEW MILK
1. Throw 4 tablespoons of cashew butter into the blender with water.
2. Add salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to add that magical touch.
3. Blend until silky smooth (You can also use nut milk or seed milk for this recipe.).
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
4. Heat up a pot of water or tea kettle to your desired temperature.
5. Drop in the yerba mate tea bag and hot water into a cup. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so.
6. Using a strainer (to catch the unblended chunks of cashew), fill up to 1/4 of a cup with the cashew milk. More milk if you want it creamier.
7. Add a dash of cinnamon for the road. You're ready to go!
I was inspired to make this recipe from a similar recipe at We Like it Raw.
Very tasty and just what I was looking for to help my cravings for warm coffee in the morning.
You can also make the instant cashew milk from raw almond butter or any seed or nut butters.
I also made a chai version with chai tea bags.
The variations are endless, I’m going to try it with some organic cocoa. Perfect!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!