1 cup raw almonds (finely ground)
1 teaspoon alcohol free vanilla
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon raw coconut butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raw cashews (soaked 2 hours)
1 cup young coconut meat
2/3 cup agave nectar
1/4 to 1/2 cup water or coconut water
6 tablespoons raw coconut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
Handful of blueberries
1 to 2 handfuls strawberries (thinly sliced)
Agave nectar (to drizzle)
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well blended.
2. Push into the bottom of a pie tin or an 8-inch square.
3. Add ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour over the top of the crust. Chill for about and hour to set.
5. Arrange fruit in a pleasant pattern on top. Drizzle lightly with agave.
Smidbrod's ThoughtsBy smidbrod
This is inspired by the book Raw Food Real World.
They have a recipe for a sour cherry tart, so I used the portion of the recipe for the almond cream for the cheesecake layer, omitted the almond extract, and added lemon zest.This gives a lemon cheesecake flavor.
You can use any recipe for your favorite pie crust. I used the simplest one since the cheesecake is the star.
Add any fruit you like, or omit the fruit altogether for a light lemon cheesecake.
You can create beautiful fruit purees with agave nectar. I suggest adding a teaspoon or two of psyllium husks to create body or it gets runny.
It may be pretty to add a little shredded coconut on top.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note