1 beet (grated)
10 white mushrooms (finely diced, stems reserved)
1 tablespoon sweet onion (finely diced)
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oregano or other dried herbs
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon tamari
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon psyllium husk
1. Mix beet, mushrooms, and onion in a bowl.
2. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Set aside.
3. Puree mushroom stems, and add nutritional yeast, tamari, and oil.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then add psyllium husk and let sit to thicken.
5. Coat vegetables with sauce.
6. Form into small patties and place on lined dehydrator tray at 110 F for 1 hour or longer. It was also really good before going in the dehydrator, so if you don't have one, just press some on bread or pile on top of greens and eat away!
Soft little burgers that are great on their own and would be nice on bread or in a wrap.
There are some similar recipes already on the site, but I was particularly pleased at how the sauce to bind the burgers came out, being nut and seed-free.
Also, they were very simple to make and didn't take much time.
As shown in the picture, I served them topped with a creamy pesto sauce, sunflower-seed cheese, and chopped spring onions beside a green salad.
The pesto was left over from a few nights ago, I don't remember what was in there.
The base was pureed zucchini and kale with seasonings of garlic, salt, etc..
The sunflower seed cheese was I think just ground sunflower seeds with lemon juice, olive oil, and nutritional yeast.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!