3 large yellow onions
1 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds (ground)
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or nama shoyu
¼ cup olive oil
1. Peel and halve the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
2. Place onions in large bowl and mix with the rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
4. Dehydrate at 100° Fahrenheit for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
5. Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically).
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip, or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations!
Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach Caesar salad.
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution.
I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency, and the nama shoyu percentage is decreased for taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Less hungry on raw diet?TammiTrue - 23 hours 41 min ago
How do you know how much to eat daily?TammiTrue - 23 hours 43 min ago
Olive oil and honey face maskVanja - 1 day 12 hours ago
How do you know how much to eat daily?mandyi - 1 day 21 hours ago
Lara Bars!lian4 - 3 days 1 hour ago