Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
YieldOne hungry holiday family (about 10 or so)
3 red apples (cored and sliced)
2 medium carrots (peeled and cut into large pieces)
¼ cup raisins
Agave nectar (to taste)
1 cup pecans (maybe more)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
1 tablespoon flax oil
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoon cacao powder
Extra cinnamon (just in case)
1. Grind the pecans to a fine powder in a processor.
2. Add the cinnamon and cacao and then start adding agave nectar until the consistency is sticky and the sweetness is satisfactory.
3. Press into a glass pie dish or something deep enough.
4. Process the apples (reserving a few slices to dice and slice super thin for decoration), carrots, raisins, and flax seed.
5. Add the oil and salt and taste to decide if you’d like to add cinnamon, agave, or who knows what else!
6. Once you’ve got the mixture tasting just right (for you), stir in the diced apple (about a 1/4 cup).
7. Pour the filling into the crust and spread smooth. Decorate with the leftover slices and chill or eat now.
Rachle's ThoughtsBy rachle
Another happenstance of a pie. I hardly ever measure my ingredients.
I just throw things in that I have on hand and taste as I go, so you must feel free to do the same with this “recipe.”
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
On and off RawRequisite - 3 hours 41 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 1 day 5 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 20 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 20 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 6 days 7 hours ago