Mom's Apple Pie
YieldServes 2-4, depending on how hungry you are!
1 cup almonds (chopped in food processor)
6 Medjool Dates (pitted)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon water
1 large or 2 small apples (cored, chopped, peeled if desired)
6 Medjool dates (pitted)
3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice (depends on how tart your apples are)
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/3 to 1/2 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
1 large or 2 small apples (cored, diced or sliced, peeled if desired)
2 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice (depends on how tart your apples are)
2 pinches of cinnamon
1. Chop almonds in a food processor to a mealy consistency.
2. Then add dates and spices, and process until thoroughly mixed and slightly sticky. Add a little water and mix more if you want it stickier.
3. Divide equally between two 1 cup dessert bowls or four 1/2 cup dessert bowls.
4. Press crust evenly into place and chill.
5. Process apple until it begins to get a little saucy. Then add dates, lemon juice, and spices, and continue processing.
6. Add walnuts and process until it looks fairly smooth and thick. Add the raisins, if desired, and quickly process just enough to mix them in.
7. Divide equally into crust-lined bowls.
8. Chop apple(s) and toss in a bowl with lemon juice. This adds more flavor to less tart apples and also keeps the apples from discoloring.
9. Put equal amounts on top of each pie.
10. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Luv-2B-raw's ThoughtsBy luv-2B-raw
This is a yummy pie that’s quick to make for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!
I made it this morning!
It was so good! It would be great with some Rawsome Vanilla Ice Cream too!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?Matt_Raw - 1 hour 15 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 1 day 10 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 1 day 12 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 1 day 16 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 1 day 23 hours ago