Rating4/5 (from 3 ratings)4
YieldMakes 4 cups
4 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
1 clove garlic, pressed
¼ cup spring (green) onions, minced
1 inchlong piece of fresh ginger, minced
3 leaves collard greens (or kale), stems removed
1 cup rejuvelac
½ cup fresh basil, stems removed
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (1 tsp if not coarse)
2 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme, press in hand to release oils first
Prerequisites: rejuvelac soaked/sprouted pumpkin seeds
1. Process pumkin seeds with rejuvelac as needed until homogenized and smooth.
2. Scoop into nut milk/cheese/sprouting bag and hang (off cupboard knob) over a bowl to drip and ferment for 8-12 hours. Refrigerate until ready to add in flavorings, then scoop into processor.
3. Press garlic, chop onion, mince ginger, mix all three in and adjust to taste.
4. Mix in sea salt, pepper, oregano, thyme.
5. Pulse in fresh basil until you see lots of little basil-speck-bites. 5. Scoop your cheese into a container and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
My new version of a great staple seed-cheese you can enjoy as a dip, in a collard-wrap, as part of a raw pizza, as a spread on crackers, or even rolled into little balls and dehydrated as snacks (my favorite!)
Any which way, it’s a great way to get more probiotics into your diet without having to glug down plain rejuvelac on a daily basis a la Wigmore, and now it’s just a little bit tastier.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 2 days 22 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 5 days 15 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 1 hour ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 1 hour ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 6 days 1 hour ago