1 bunch broccoli
Apple cider vinegar to taste, approx. 1/2 to 1 cup
Sea salt to taste
A few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed is best)
Pepper to taste
1 cup raw almonds, preferably soaked in water for at least 5 hours
1. Chop the heads off of the broccoli stems.
2. Peel the shiny layer off of the stems with a sharp knife or vegetable peeler.
3. Quarter the peeled stems vertically into long, thin strips and chop or process with the slicing blade on a food processor. Optional: Chop or process the heads the same way. This may get messy!
4. Chop almonds finely and add to broccoli.
5. Add other ingredients until it tastes good to you!
Â© Brittany Bullen 2010
If you want to see a video of this being made, visit my youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/brittanybullen. Also be sure to visit my blog at brittanybullen.com!
Brittanybullen's ThoughtsBy brittanybullen
I invented this recipe when my house-mates told me they didn't want the stems from their broccoli. That's why at first I just used stems, which is delicious, but using the heads of the broccoli tastes just as good-- it's up to you!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Should we supplement on a raw diet.ClaireT - 11 hours 51 min ago
Greetings All!LolaQuiz - 1 day 20 hours ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offClaire Turnip - 3 days 11 hours ago
HELPPP! RAW VEGAN GIRLS ONLY!Claire Turnip - 1 week 2 days ago
Which should I get - Omega Vert VRT330 or Omega 8006?Claire Turnip - 1 week 4 days ago