1 bunch broccoli
Apple cider vinegar to taste, approx. 1/2 to 1 cup
Sea salt to taste
A few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed is best)
Pepper to taste
1 cup raw almonds, preferably soaked in water for at least 5 hours
1. Chop the heads off of the broccoli stems.
2. Peel the shiny layer off of the stems with a sharp knife or vegetable peeler.
3. Quarter the peeled stems vertically into long, thin strips and chop or process with the slicing blade on a food processor. Optional: Chop or process the heads the same way. This may get messy!
4. Chop almonds finely and add to broccoli.
5. Add other ingredients until it tastes good to you!
© Brittany Bullen 2010
If you want to see a video of this being made, visit my youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/brittanybullen. Also be sure to visit my blog at brittanybullen.com!
Brittanybullen's ThoughtsBy brittanybullen
I invented this recipe when my house-mates told me they didn't want the stems from their broccoli. That's why at first I just used stems, which is delicious, but using the heads of the broccoli tastes just as good-- it's up to you!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw Food & Army LifeClaireT - 8 hours 6 min ago
No weight loss?ClaireT - 2 days 7 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss Supportamanda966 - 2 days 21 hours ago
What to I do if my grandma pushes cooked food on me?Harmony1 - 3 days 4 hours ago
Sick when eating cooked foodtryingtoraw - 4 days 4 hours ago