Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup oat groats (soaked 8 hours, drained thoroughly)
¼ cup walnuts (soaked 4 hours, drained, dehydrated fully)
½ cup raisins (try your best to use organic; processed into a loose paste)
Pulp from 3 small carrots that were juiced (with juice being reserved)
Remaining carrot juice (as needed/desired)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
2/3 cup cashews (you can soak and dehydrate just as with the walnuts, ground very fine into a flour/powder)
1½ tablespoons coconut oil (approximately)
4 teaspoons raw honey or agave
2 dashes of vanilla extract (alcohol-free is preferred)
1. For the cakes, grind the walnuts in a food processor until a medium-coarse texture. Remove from processor, storing for later use.
2. Put in drained oat groats and process on high for 2 minutes until very thoroughly mashed.
3. Pour the oat mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the raisin puree and the walnut meal. Mix with hands well.
4. Add in the pulp, oil, and three spices and mix again.
5. Grease medium sized muffin tins with tiny amounts of extra virgin olive oil (a spray bottle works great for this!).
6. Divide mixture into 6 equal parts and put into each mold, pressing firmly.
7. Chill in the freezer overnight.
8. For the frosting, pour remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend away!
9. Chill for a minute or two before frosting the cupcakes, and then frost and remove from molds. Enjoy!
Intheraw13's ThoughtsBy intheraw13
Finally, a raw cupcake with the taste, texture, and look of the cooked counterpart!
Make these for any special occasion or to simply treat yourself to some sheer deliciousness!
They are high-energy snacks or desserts that keep you going all day!
I will warn though you might find yourself with the sudden urge to eat three in one sitting. :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
4th day as a Vegan:)Harmony1 - 1 day 3 hours ago
jackfruitClaireT - 5 days 2 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 1 week 1 day ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 week 2 days ago