1 cup pineapple (finely chopped)
½ cup apple (finely chopped)
2 cups carrots (peeled, grated)
1 cup dates or raisins (soaked, minced)
1½ cups almonds (ground)
½ cup apple (peeled, grated)
2 tablespoons orange or grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons carob
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cardamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Dehydrate pineapple and chopped apple (not grated) for 8-10 hours or until no longer wet to the touch.
2. Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Either form into bars or spread mixture out on a Teflex sheet and score with a spatula.
4. Dehydrate for 10-12 hours at 105 Fahrenheit, or until soft and cake-like.
5. Frost with Creamy Cashew Icing, if desired.
You can also dehydrate it longer if you would like a chewier bar, or make it into cookie shapes, if you prefer.
You can even make several cake layers and frost between and on top for a fancier cake.
Crisyn's ThoughtsBy Crisyn
This cake is lovely. It’s not too sweet and has an actual cakey texture.
I adapted it from a recipe by Chad Sarno.
It is very versatile. You can add whatever you have on hand, i.e., substitute mesquite flour for the carob, use all apple if you don’t have pineapple, play with the spices, etc.
Please note: My kids love this cake, and I have listed it in the kids category, but babies and some young toddlers (such as those with a family history of nut allergies) should not eat any nut products. Please consult your pediatrician before serving nuts to your child.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 17 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 5 days 22 hours ago