Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
- Carrots: 4 Medium Sized
- Raw Pecans: 2 Cups
- Raisins: 1/4 of a Cup
- Nutmeg: 1 Tsp.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: 1 1/2 Tsps.
- Dates: 1/2 of a Cup (soft)
- Orange Juice: 1/2 Cup
- Sea Salt: 1/2 of a Tsp.
- Orange Zest: 1/2 of a Tsp.
- Desiccated Coconut: 1/2 of a Cup
- Raw Cashews: 1 1/2 Cups
- Water: 1/2 of a Cup
- Raw Honey: 2 Tbsps.
- Coconut Oil: 3 Tbsps.
- Vanilla: 1 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt: 1/4 of a Tsp.
- Nutmeg: 1 Tsp.
- Grate the carrots very finely until you have a total of three cups full of grated carrots.
- Put the carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour two cups of pecans in the food processor, grind them up, and put them in the same bowl as the grated carrots.
- Now, chop up the raisins and add it to the large bowl as well.
- Next, take the soft dates along with the orange juice, and add it into the food processor. Grind it until it is a nicely smooth paste that we'll call 'date paste'.
- Add the date paste into the large bowl as the carrots, date paste, and grated carrots.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the same large bowl and start mixing it all together.
- Take the mixture and shape it into a one-layered cake (e.g. can be rectangular or circular).
- Place the one-layered cake onto a dehydrator sheet for at least 8 hours (but no more than 12 hours) to dehydrate. Ensure the temperature is set to 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the cake is dehydrating, take all of the frosting's ingredients, and blend it in a bowl.
- Proceed to put the bowl's now blended contents into the refrigerator.
- When the cake is done setting and the frosting's consistency is just right for you, then spread the frosting on the cake.
- Take the nutmeg and sprinkle it on the frosting that's on the cake.
- Cut the cake into slices and enjoy.
Therawmichelle's ThoughtsBy therawmichelle
This dessert is a great way to enjoy actual cake that is not only healthy, but delicious as well!
The main ingredients in this cake are carrots and pecans. Carrots offer a multitude of health benefits. In fact, it is one of those vegetables that just can not do any wrong because just a few carrots per day can offer such a boost in anyone's health, despite their condition... Raw Carrot Cake: http://rawfoodhealthwatch.com/raw-vegan-recipes/carrotorangepecandelight/ More raw vegan recipes: http://rawfoodhealthwatch.com/raw-food/raw-vegan-recipes/
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.