Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
4 medium sized carrots
2 cups pecans
1/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup coconut (desiccated)
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. To make the cake, grate the carrots very finely until you have a total of three cups full of grated carrots. Put the carrots in a large bowl.
2. Pour two cups of pecans in the food processor, grind them up, and put them in the same bowl as the grated carrots. Chop up the raisins and add it to the large bowl as well.
3. Take the soft dates, along with the orange juice, and add it into the food processor. Grind it until it is a nicely smooth paste that we'll call 'date paste.'
4. Add the date paste into the large bowl as the carrots, date paste, and grated carrots. Add the remaining ingredients to the same large bowl and start mixing it all together.
5. Take the mixture and shape it into a one-layered cake (e.g. can be rectangular or circular).
6. Place the one-layered cake onto a dehydrator sheet for at least 8 hours (but no more than 12 hours) to dehydrate. Ensure the temperature is set to 115 Fahrenheit.
7. Take all of the frosting ingredients and blend it in a bowl.
8. Put the bowl's now blended contents into the refrigerator.
9. When the cake is done setting and the frosting's consistency is just right for you, then spread the frosting on the cake.
10. Take the nutmeg and sprinkle it over the frosting. Cut the cake into slices and enjoy.
Therawmichelle's ThoughtsBy therawmichelle
This dessert is a great way to enjoy actual cake that is not only healthy, but delicious as well!
The main ingredients in this cake are carrots and pecans.
Carrots offer a multitude of health benefits.
In fact, it is one of those vegetables that just can not do any wrong because just a few carrots per day can offer such a boost in anyone's health, despite their condition.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.