Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 C. raw cashews
water for soaking
2 C. water for blending
pinch cinnamon (or cardamom, or cloves ....)
1 tsp. honey or other sweetener of choice (soaked raisins would be good too)
a wee bit of vanilla (bean is preferred)
To make yummy cashew milk:
1. Soak about a cup of raw cashews overnight (About 8 Hours)
2. After soaking rinse cashews and add to a blender with about 2 cups of water
3. Blend it up and pour through a cheese cloth over a bowl. Twist the cloth to get out all the yummy milk
4. Save the pulp for whatever
Freeze a portion of the milk in an ice cube tray
To Make the milk shake:
1. Blend chilled cashew milk and a few frozen cashew cubes
2. Add a pinch of cinnamon, a little honey or other sweetener and maybe some vanilla
3. Blend blend blend
This can be made even richer by blending less water or more cashews to make a heavier milk.
AmandaBanana's ThoughtsBy AmandaBanana
This is a really good shake! Perfect for hot summer evening, even better when sharing with friends and family. Use any nut milk or even oat milk, but cashew milk is tops in my book. It's pretty easy to make too!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.