2 cups golden flax seeds (ground fine)
1 cup almonds (ground fine)
1 cup soaked figs or raisins (blended till smooth)
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water (or more if needed)
1 apple (chopped)
3 to 4 ounces raw cacao bean pieces (ground fine)
2 tablespoons mesquite pod meal
1 1/4 teaspoons ginger (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
1/4 teaspoon cloves (ground)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
1 tablespoon ginger (freshly grated)
2 pinches of sea salt
1. Process everything in a food processor until smooth. Add more ground golden flax seeds to thicken up the dough.
2. Taste the dough and adjust any seasonings if needed.
3. Knead the dough until nice and pliable. Cut it in half and wrap each half in parchment paper.
4. Let the cookie dough refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until well chilled.
5. Once chilled, using a rolling pin, roll each dough into a flat rectangle or square. You can make it as thick as you want. The thicker the dough, the longer it will dry out and the chewier it will be. For a crispy cookie, roll the dough out as thin as possible.
6. You can cut the cookies into rounds, squares, or even use a gingerbread cookie cutter. Place your cookies on dehydrator trays that are lined with teflex sheets and dehydrate the cookies at 145 F for 1-2 hours.
7. Then bring down the temperature to 110 F for about 10-12 hours or until the desired consistency.
RawGuru's ThoughtsBy RawGuru
Marvelous and fragrant.
It is recommended to dehydrate at 145 F in the Excalibur dehydrators only. The temperature of the food never reaches 145 F, so don't worry about the enzymes, etc.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.