Yield20 mini loaves (2 per snack serving)
3 cups carrots (shredded or processed into a pulp)
2 cups tart apples (shredded or processed into a pulp; Granny Smith and Pink Lady are good choices)
3/4 cup raisins (soaked, if you can find them raw)
2/3 cup flax seeds or chia seeds (coarsely ground if you like)
1/4 cup soaked Brazil nuts (optional for flavor)
2 tablespoons agave
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of allspice
1. Mix or process everything together.
2. Soak in a warm spot for up to an hour to let the seeds absorb some of the moisture.
3. Use a big spoon or an ice cream scoop to dollop onto dehydrator sheets. Flatten with a fork to about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Dehydrate for about 12 hours, flipping once. You might want to dehydrate longer or shorter. I like them when the have a dried outer shell and are still soft inside.
5. Can eat alone or serve with "butter" made of pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and coconut butter. Can store in fridge for a couple of weeks, depending how soft you left them.
Janetfi's ThoughtsBy janetfi
Sweet, soft, and filling snack bread.
Delicious alone or goes well with "butter" made with pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and coconut butter.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?wildebeest - 22 min 57 sec ago
blackheads!!!Ashleybennet - 8 hours 30 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 16 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 2 days 55 min ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 3 days 16 hours ago