Yield20 mini loaves (2 per snack serving)
3 cups carrots (shredded or processed)
2 cups tart apples (shredded or processed into a pulp)
3/4 cup raisins (soaked)
2/3 cup flax seeds or chia seeds (coarsely ground)
1/4 cup soaked Brazil nuts (optional)
2 tablespoons agave
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash of allspice
1. Mix or process everything together.
2. Soak in a warm spot for up to an hour to let the seeds absorb some of the moisture.
3. Use a big spoon or an ice cream scoop to dollop onto dehydrator sheets. Flatten with a fork to about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Dehydrate for about 12 hours, flipping once. You might want to dehydrate longer or shorter. I like them when the have a dried outer shell and are still soft inside.
5. Can eat alone or serve with "butter" made of pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and coconut butter. Can store in fridge for a couple of weeks, depending how soft you left them.
Janetfi's ThoughtsBy janetfi
Sweet, soft, and filling snack bread.
Delicious alone or goes well with "butter" made with pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and coconut butter.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 2 days 13 hours ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 2 days 13 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 5 days 18 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 5 days 18 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 1 week 1 hour ago