3 large yellow onions
1 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds (ground)
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or nama shoyu
¼ cup olive oil
1. Peel and halve the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
2. Place onions in large bowl and mix with the rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
4. Dehydrate at 100° Fahrenheit for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
5. Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically).
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip, or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations!
Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach Caesar salad.
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution.
I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency, and the nama shoyu percentage is decreased for taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Leg Crampslouiser - 9 hours 57 min ago
How do you not get bored of just raw fruit and veg 24-7?????jeddoveyl - 1 day 9 hours ago
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 6 days 14 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 2 days ago