2 handfuls spinach
1/2 handful fresh mint
1 lime (juiced)
Cracked Black Pepper (sprinkle)
1. Slice the skin off the pineapple, quarter and core. Dice into small chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Quarter the cucumber lengthways and dice into small chunks. Add to the pineapple.
3. Roll the spinach and slice finely to create thin ribbons and add to the bowl.
4. Chop the mint very finely and add to the bowl.
5. Finally add the lime juice and a generous amount of cracked black pepper and mix well.
Kellymyra's ThoughtsBy kellymyra
This is a quick simple salad for those of you with a sweet tooth.
Choose a nice ripe pineapple. Look for one that is yellower on the outside and smells fragrant. If it’s still quite green it will be tart and can burn your mouth. Unfortunately most fruit we buy from the supermarket is picked before is has fully ripened to extend the shelf life. However, you can sit your pineapple on the shelf for a few days to ripen if there are no ripe ones available. Eating fully ripened fruit is important. The fruit has properly developed and has just the right amount of enzymes to help you to digest it properly.
I used a telegraph cucumber.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone bought a Vita Mix from the US for use in Europe?TammiTrue - 1 hour 34 min from now
parchment paper and dehydrating timeworkoutman4252 - 46 min 9 sec from now
Dehydrator experimentation dayFee - 1 hour 12 min ago
I wondered where goneraw had gone...TammiTrue - 11 hours 40 min ago
Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?TammiTrue - 2 days 38 min ago