¾ cup raw almonds (soaked)
¾ cup raw Brazil nuts (soaked)
¾ cup young coconut meat (chopped)
1 tablespoon coconut butter (not oil)
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 stevia packet
½ teaspoon peppermint extract (alcohol-free)
½ cup cacao nibs (finely ground in a coffee mill)
½ cup shredded coconut (finely ground in a coffee mill)
2 stevia packets
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup dates (soft, pitted)
1. Blend the soaked almonds and Brazil nuts with about 4 cups of water to make nut milk. Strain the nut pulp and spread it on a Teflex or parchment paper-lined dehydrator sheet.
2. Set the dehydrator at 105 F and allow the nut pulp to dry. Season the nut milk however you like (sea salt, sweetener of choice, vanilla, etc.) and chill in refrigerator.
3. Blend together the coconut meat, coconut butter, honey, stevia, and peppermint extract until smooth. (If you don’t have any coconut butter, you can grind some shredded coconut in a coffee grinder or food processor and mix it with and equal amount of coconut oil--instant coconut butter!)
4. Scoop the mint cookie filling into a small bowl and chill in refrigerator (If you happen to “accidentally” eat all the cookie filling, grab another coconut and try again!).
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground cacao nibs and the ground shredded coconut (if using pre-ground cacao, use slightly more than half a cup).
6. Take the nut pulp out of the dehydrator (You should have about 2 cups, and it should be nearly dry by now). In a coffee mill (or food processor), grind the nut pulp until fine. It will start to look like nut butter.
7. Add the nut pulp, stevia packets and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with hands. Chop the soft dates (soak them a little if your dates are not soft) and mix them thoroughly using your hands to form cookie dough.
8. Shape the cookie dough into small balls and flatten to make cookies. Place the cookies on a Teflex or parchment paper-lined dehydrator sheet. Top half the cookies with the mint cookie filling.
9. Dehydrate at 105 F for about an hour until the filling has firmed up a little. Assemble cookies and dehydrate for about two hours longer, flipping cookies halfway through drying.
10. Serve Raweo cookies with nut milk. Store Raweo cookies in the refrigerator, or make them into mini ice-cream sandwiches in the freezer.
Mygreenmojo's ThoughtsBy mygreenmojo
Yes, really! So here’s the story: For the past few days, my roommate has been walking around, munching on a bag of Newman’s Own Hint’O Mint sandwich cookies.
I’ll admit it; at first I was jealous, but then I got inspired! The result turned out fabulous.
The filling tastes exactly like the center of a York Peppermint patty.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthCoconut Goddess - 1 day 1 hour ago
Detox Rash?????sherryllmillicentp - 1 day 21 hours ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?Coconut Goddess - 2 days 33 min ago
Healthy Choice for not so hip ( mywinlife.com/edwardsgroup )Wayne - 2 days 12 hours ago
New Raw Potluck - Philadelphia, PA Suburbspram3010 - 4 days 1 hour ago