Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 head of savoy
10 dried tomatoes
Handful of sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons oil from dried tomatoes (or olive oil)
2 tablespoons raw honey, agave, or some soft dates
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cut up the savoy into bite size pieces and put them in a big salad bowl.
2. Add the salt and roll up your sleeves! It’s time to give the savoy a good massage.
3. Work the salt into the savoy with your hands until the leaves get soft and a little moist. They should now look almost as if cooked. That takes a little time and some sweat, but it’s well worth the effort!
4. Cut dried tomatoes into little pieces and add to the savoy.
5. Add sunflower seeds and mix up the salad. I used unsoaked sunflower seeds, but I think you could also use soaked or sprouted seeds.
6. Now put the avocados, oil, honey, and lemon juice into your food processor or blender and mix until smooth. You can also do this easily without machines, it doesn’t matter if the avocados remain a little chunky.
7. Taste the dressing if it needs more lemon. I prefer less acidity in my salads than most others!
8. Pour the dressing over the savoy and mix thoroughly. Enjoy!
Sossoco's ThoughtsBy sossoco
While I have never seen kale here in Germany, savoy is very common all year round, but especially now that it’s fall.
If you can’t get savoy, use kale or any other dark green leaf.
This salad turned out so good that even my sweet (and yes, picky) little girls ate it all up and almost licked their plates clean. :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 7 hours 13 min ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 7 hours 34 min ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 3 days 12 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 3 days 12 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 4 days 19 hours ago