Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
Yieldabout 18 oz
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 1 cup raisins, soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Note: Almonds soak 6-8 hours, raisons soak 4-6 hours. Try not to soak almonds for more than 12 hours.
- Measure out 1 cup of almonds and 1 cup raisins, and soak them overnight.
- After almonds are soaked, drain out the water. You don't want this because it contains "enzyme-inhibitors" which the soaking process removed.
Optional: add one or two ice cubes. This chills the drink and also prevents it heating up while you blend.
- In a blender, put the soaked almonds and enough water into the blender so that the water level is about twice as high as the almonds. The less water, the stronger the milk. The more water, the more milk.
- Blend everything together until the almonds are all ground up. You don't have to blend it to a complete liquid. There will still be some visible pulp. Over-blending can make the mixture difficult to milk.
- Use a nut-milk bag to get all the milk into a large bowl. You can use the almond pulp for another recipe or throw it away.
- After the raisins are soaked, remove them and set aside the soak water. For this recipe we only want the soak water, you can use the actual raisins for another meal or throw them away.
- Put the milk back into the rinsed blender, along with the raisins soak water and vanilla. I like a lot of vanilla, use however much you like.
- Blend on a low speed, just to mix all the liquids together.
- Pour and enjoy!
Note: Almond milk keeps for about three days in the fridge. Don't leave it out though, it ferments quickly.
Eecho's ThoughtsBy eecho
This is a delicous way to prepare any kind of Almond Milk, such as this one. Its a great way to sweeten it up if you don't have agave, or have raisin soak water from making another recipe. Here, I will be making it relatively plain, however you can do this with whatever almond milk recipe you like. Just substitute the raisin soak water for the sweetener.
If you have never made nut milk before, check out this video to get an idea of what it might look like. Making nut milk is easy once you get the hang of it.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Rainbow Green Live food Cuisine Phase 1sueko - 3 hours 21 min from now
Not losing weight?sueko - 3 hours 10 min from now
Savory Breakfast HELP!!sueko - 3 hours 2 min from now
Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?sueko - 2 hours 48 min from now
Nothing sweet to eatsueko - 2 hours 40 min from now