Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
2 cups coconut water
1 stalk of celery
2 teaspoons carrot juice
1 cup tomatoes (no skin)
2 tablespoons lemongrass (zested)
1 cup cilantro
1 teaspoon agave nectar
2 teaspoons nama shoyu
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 teaspoon jalapeno with seeds (more for a spicier soup)
1 tablespoon saffron
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Soak the saffron in olive oil and salt. Set aside.
2. Blend all the other ingredients.
3. Prepare a nut bag or cheese cloth to strain the soup. Pour the soup into the nut bag or cheese cloth and then squeeze the liquid.
4. You can put the soup in the dehydrator to warm before service.
5. Serve with the saffron oil made earlier. Strain the saffron oil and top the soup.
6. You can add cilantro and mung bean sprouts, too! Enjoy!
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
I finally made it! All sorts of ingredients run in my mind for this soup and finally got a chance to try it.
“Canh Chua” is one of my favorite comfort foods.
The original soup is made with fish or shrimp stock along with the fish or shrimp itself. The soup I made has those flavors by just using some oil, saffron, and salt. It gives it a shrimp oily flavor.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?anniestk - 1 hour 50 min ago
Sunken eyesanniestk - 3 hours 2 min ago
Loss of libido (male) :(anniestk - 3 hours 12 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?lea01 - 16 hours 28 min ago
How to make a morning smoothie when you have no timeanniestk - 1 day 9 hours ago