Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
2 cups coconut water
1 stalk of celery
2 teaspoons carrot juice
1 cup tomatoes (no skin)
2 tablespoons lemongrass (zested)
1 cup cilantro
1 teaspoon agave nectar
2 teaspoons nama shoyu
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 cup fresh pineapple
1 teaspoon jalapeno with seeds (more for a spicier soup)
1 tablespoon saffron
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Soak the saffron in olive oil and salt. Set aside.
2. Blend all the other ingredients.
3. Prepare a nut bag or cheese cloth to strain the soup. Pour the soup into the nut bag or cheese cloth and then squeeze the liquid.
4. You can put the soup in the dehydrator to warm before service.
5. Serve with the saffron oil made earlier. Strain the saffron oil and top the soup.
6. You can add cilantro and mung bean sprouts, too! Enjoy!
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
I finally made it! All sorts of ingredients run in my mind for this soup and finally got a chance to try it.
“Canh Chua” is one of my favorite comfort foods.
The original soup is made with fish or shrimp stock along with the fish or shrimp itself. The soup I made has those flavors by just using some oil, saffron, and salt. It gives it a shrimp oily flavor.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 8 hours 19 min ago
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!ClaireT - 8 hours 21 min ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 8 hours 24 min ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 3 days 9 hours ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?michele4131 - 4 days 18 hours ago