Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
2 large apples (chopped)
¼ cup raisins, dried apricots (chopped), or dried cranberries (optional)
¼ cup agave or raw honey
1 tablespoon almond butter (softened)
2 teaspoons cinnamon (or less if desired)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup raw oats
¼ cup pecans (chopped)
¼ cup walnuts (chopped)
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
6 strawberries (quartered)
¼ cup hemp seeds
1. Place apples and dried fruit in a large bowl and put aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together all other filling ingredients. Mix well with a fork.
3. Pour the mixture evenly over apples and dried fruit, then toss for a minute or two to ensure even distribution.
4. Ensure the banana is very ripe. Mash the banana and chop the nuts fine.
5. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. The mixture should stick together, but if not, add more banana and/or honey. It might be a pretty gooey, but that’s okay.
6. Grease a pan with the other tablespoon of coconut oil. Then line the bottom and outsides of the pan with the crust mixture.
7. At this point, you may want to throw the pan in the dehydrator to allow for the crust to harden. I don’t own one so I threw it in the freezer for a bit, and it worked just fine.
8. Once the crust has hardened, pour apple mixture evenly on top.
9. Line the outsides of the pan with strawberries and sprinkle the hemp seeds on top.
10. Dehydrate the pie if desired, but it is still delicious cold.
Bronwyn's ThoughtsBy bronwyn
I made this last night in an effort to create a dessert that would be enjoyed by both raw and non raw friends.
It turned out wonderful!
C’est fini! Enjoy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?ClaireT - 4 hours 40 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 3 days 14 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 3 days 16 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 3 days 20 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 4 days 3 hours ago