Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
8 large common white field mushrooms
4 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 pinch sea salt
5 tablespoon olive oil
20 sundried tomato quarters, finely chopped
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup flat leaf (Italian) parsley, finely chopped
½ cup basil, finely chopped
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard.
- Gently wipe surface of each mushroom with a soft cloth to remove any dirt.
- Peel mushrooms with your fingers by pulling flesh from under each hood up and over the surface of each mushroom.
- Continue working your way around until mushroom is peeled. (This is quick once you get the hang of it.)
- Repeat with rest of mushrooms.
- Finely chop skins and set aside.
- Combine 2 cloves of garlic, sherry vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper & 3 tbs of olive oil.
- Marinate mushrooms by brushing top and bottom with mixture. Set aside at room temperature.
- To make the filling, combine chopped mushroom skins in a bowl with remaining garlic and olive oil, tomato, pine nuts, parsley and basil.
- Spread mushrooms out on a dehydrator sheet or non stick baking sheet. Spoon equal amounts of filling into each mushroom.
- Dry out either in a dehydrator or oven set to 110F or 55C for 2-4 hours until softened.
- Love and enjoy!
Goddess Leonie's ThoughtsBy Goddess Leonie
Delicious stuffed mushrooms with all kinds of goodness inside. Can be eaten as a main meal, with a salad or as an entree
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 10 hours 55 min ago
On and off RawClaireT - 1 day 6 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 5 days 1 hour ago
Nut allergyveggie - 5 days 1 hour ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 5 days 12 hours ago