Orange chia seed pudding recipe
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
- 1. Add all ingredients (except chia seeds) to your high-speed blender. Remember, use nice, fresh oranges that have most of the white external rind bits cut off.
- 2. Blend mixture until very creamy and smooth (do not add the chia seeds!).
- 3. Place untouched chia seeds in a mixing bowl. Pour orange mixture on top of chia seeds.
- 4. Stir mixture vigorously with a spoon. Ensure that the chia seeds are well distributed.
- 5. Chill this raw orange chia seed pudding recipe in the refrigerator for at least three hours, stirring once per hour if you can remember to do so (no biggie if you forget)! However, it is important to let this chia pudding recipe sit in the fridge for a few hours before consuming because the chia seeds will expand up to 10 times their original size, similar to tapioca seeds, and then it tastes that much better.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Creamy orange chia seed pudding will definitely quench your desire for a creamy, orange treat! It's very easy to prepare, but it does need to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours so that the chia seeds can plump up (similar to tapioca). It is not the most aesthetically pleasing recipe, because the orange and black seeds are sort of an odd combination in the bowl, but it would make a perfect Halloween dessert.
Also, for taste I like to sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon on this raw chia pudding recipe just before serving.
I hope you like this orange chia seed pudding recipe. I just made it up! And I absolutely love it. It tastes like an orange creamsicle :)
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Calcium, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes