Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
½ lemon (juiced)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 clove garlic (pressed)
1 dash cayenne or chili pepper
1 inch-long piece of ginger (grated, pressed)
½ cup rejuvelac
1 head dinosaur kale
1 cup sundried tomatoes
1 clove garlic (pressed)
1 lemon, juice thereof
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Several 5-inch pieces of string
1 cup pumkin seeds (soaked)
2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked)
1. Have rejuvelac ready. Grain fermented in pure water 3 days, minus the grains.
2. Cheese: Process sunflower and pumpkin seeds until smooth, add in juice of 1/2 a lemon, oregano, thyme, 1 clove of garlic, ginger. When everything’s smooth, gently hand-stir in rejuvelac. Scoop the mixture into a nut-cheese bag and hang 8 hours over a bowl. What’s left in the bag is your cheese.
3. Kale: In a platter sort of bowl, mix together the other clove of garlic, the juice of the other lemon, the sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, and cider vinegar. Place whole leaves of dinosaur kale (these are typically smallish and manageable) flat on top of one another into the marinade. Add a little bit of pure water if it looks like there’s no way all the leaves will be coated with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and weigh down with plates, small bowls, heavy spoons, etc. Let marinate in refrigerator 8-12 hours.
4. Set sun-dried tomatoes to soak for 1 hour.
5. Assembly: take each leaf of marinated kale, spread a line of “cheese” down its spine, place a few (now soft) sun dried tomatoes in a line over the cheese, and wrap, securing the shape with bits of string tied into bows in three places. 6. Dehydrate till warm and slightly crispy, 6-8 hours.
Serve warm if you can!
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
Crispy warm herb ”cheese” filled marinated kale rolls.
Sounds more complicated than it really is.
If you already have some rejuvelac on hand, then you can start the cheese and the kale marinade 10 pm Thursday, and have everything ready for Friday early dinner!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
buckwheat sprout toxicity?martinj - 1 day 9 hours ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingJADAMZ - 2 days 13 hours ago
Shower Filterlizh7 - 4 days 15 hours ago
Eye CareSarah_the_Bee - 1 week 1 day ago
Alternative to nutritional yeastClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago