1 apple (cored)
1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. If you want, peel the apples first.
2. Core the apples (if you’re like me and don’t own an apple corer, slice first and then remove cores from each slice using a knife).
3. Slice thick, horizontal slices (your goal is to have round slices of apple with holes in the middle where the core used to be).
4. Mix together ground flax and cinnamon.
5. Press apple slices in flax/cinnamon mixture to coat each side. Voila!
Simple, light, fruit-based donuts!
Use little apples and make mini donuts or big apples for regular donuts.
You can make infinite variations on this!
Chocolate covered (or chocolate frosted) donuts: blend cacao powder, coconut, and agave (or sweetener of choice), and then cover or frost donuts with the mixture.
Maple frosted donuts: blend dates and liquid of your choice (coconut water, nut mylk, plain water, citrus juice, or whatever you’ve got) and, if you use it, maple syrup. Spread on donuts.
Top any of these with chopped nuts! Or cacao nibs!
I bet you could even make a jelly-filled donut if you stacked a donut slice on top of a solid apple slice and filled the hole with blended berries. Who knows?
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2022 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!