1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
1½ cups raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups water
1. Grind up rice in food processor for 2 minutes or till gritty. Pour in water and continue to mix.
2. Add cinnamon and raisins to mixture and blend for 2-3 min.
3. Cover and leave in fridge overnight or if you want the rice to get softer, leave in 2-3 nights.
4. Transfer into food processor and blend till mixture is creamy (there will still be chunks from the rice).
5. Place strainer over bowl and pour mixture into it. Help liquid through by mixing it with a spoon as it sits in the strainer.
6. Chill by serving with ice.
A whole lotta horchata!
This is a great tasting drink! It’s basically Mexican sweet rice milk.
Usually, it is made with white rice, sugar, and vanilla, but I did not have vanilla and I don’t eat white rice or sugar, so I used brown rice and raisins, and it tasted just the same!
It’s heaven in a cup, so drink up!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2022 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!