1 cup buckwheat groats (covered in water, soaked for about 30 minutes)
1 golden apple (roughly chopped, cored)
1 tablespoon date paste, 1 large date, or 2 small dates
Cinnamon (to taste)
Sea salt (optional)
4 large mint or spearmint leaves (more if smaller)
1 teaspoon slivered ginger (skin peeled)
Water (to blend)
1. Strain and rinse soaked buckwheat groats. They should be relatively easy to break apart with your fingers.
2. Place 1/2 of apple, buckwheat, and sea salt in food processor.
3. Bend and slowly add water, just enough to blend, not so it gets soupy (about 1/4 cup). Clear the sides with a spoon and continue blending.
4. I use a magic bullet for this next step, but if you don’t have a small blender, simply do step 3 before stage 2 in your food processor, set mixture aside, and do the buckwheat mixture next.
5. Blend dates, cinnamon, ginger, and mint with a little water to make a syrup.
6. Add half the syrup to the food processor batch. Blend in food food processor briefly.
7. Pour the buckwheat cereal into a bowl. Drizzle syrup over.
8. Top with fresh fruit, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and extra mint leaves.
Simple faux-oatmeal recipe.
Great for Sunday brunch, or for mornings that you need more than fruit.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!