1 cup raisins
1 cup mix almond meal and seeds or nuts (see almond meal in my earlier almond milk recipe)
2 drops of water (to make crust sticky)
1 cup cashews (soaked for 3-4 hours)
3 tablespoons agave nectar (or to taste)
2 pinches of cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut or grape seed
1. Process raisins, almond meal and nuts or seeds, and a pinch of water (only if necessary) until mix is sticky.
2. Form a crust in pie plate(s).
3. Process cashews, lemon, agave nectar, oil, and cinnamon together until a creamy consistency is formed. I used a processor, but I think a blender might have been a bit better. I encourage experimentation, let me know which works best for you.
4. Pour the filling into your crust and then refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
5. If you are uncooking for company or you simply want to make the pies prettier, you can add a slice of lemon on top and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on the pies.
Need some lemony zing in your dessert? Look no further.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!