1 cup raw soaked almonds (start with 3/4 cup raw unsoaked—they expand)
1 tbsp raw agave nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lecithin granules
1/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt (can use regular Sea Salt instead)
3 cups of fresh young coconut water or store bought (ex: VitaCoco, O.N.E or Zico)
Let’s get started:
1. Soak your almonds in filtered water for 6-8hrs. I usually get them soaking the night before, hit the hay and they are ready in the morning. Try not to soak longer than 12hrs. No time to soak? Skip it. Just know that soaking is optimal for digestion.
2. After your almonds have finished soaking, drain and rinse them with filtered water.
3. Put almonds and all other ingredients in the blender.
4. Blend on high speed for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are liquified.
5. Set out a large bowl and place the nut milk bag or cheesecloth in it and pour the liquid from the blender through the bag or cheescloth and squeeze until all you are left with is almond meal. Save the almond meal in the fridge. You can make delicious pie and tart crusts, desserts and cookies out of it and it keeps for a few weeks.
6. Transfer the milk into a glass and/or storage container and enjoy!
For anyone looking for alternatives to dairy milk, you will love this recipe for fresh vanilla almond milk using soaked almonds. Soaking almonds neutralizes enzyme inhibitors and aids digestion. Enjoy it straight from the glass, on your favorite cereal and look for future recipe posts from me that use this vanilla almond milk. Raw vanilla almond milk is enzyme-rich, very hydrating and you can store it in the fridge for about 5-7days. It may separate, so shake it up before using/drinking. I tend to make a bunch on Sunday and use it throughout the week.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe. Want it less sweet? Don't use agave. Want a plain almond milk? Nix the vanilla. Add raw cacao powder for chocolate milk or fresh organic strawberries for strawberry milk. Bananas, mint...have fun.
“This is amazing. It tastes like melty ice cream” a friend once told me as they polished off two glasses. Bingo.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2021 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!