What you eat affects every aspect of your life, like your mood, how your body fights disease and how you maintain your health. It's also a major consideration when looking at the causes and contributing factors of many health issues like high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
You can experience many health benefits, like better absorption of fiber and vitamins, by adding more raw food to your diet. Whether you're in the process of transitioning to a raw food lifestyle or just experimenting with adding more raw foods to your diet, here are some simple tips to help get you started.
- 1. Keep good groceries at home! Lots of fresh food that you love (i.e, berries, etc).
- 2. Keep shredded carrots and/or beets in the fridge for quick salads.
- 3. Start every morning with a green smoothie or a fresh juice. No exceptions. Get into a routine. Never made a green smoothie before? No problem - try The Rawtarian's Silky Green Smoothie!
- 4. Make something hearty on Sunday night (like The Rawtarian's Taco Filling recipe) that will keep well in a fridge throughout the week for when you are in a rush.
- 5. Keep delicious healthy sweets in the freezer all the time for emergency cravings.
For more ideas on how you can incorporate more fresh food into your daily routine, check out these tips on transitioning to a raw food diet. Do you have a plan or goal for adding more healthful foods to your life?