Best raw chocolate cookies
Posted in: Dehydrated Raw Sweets
1. Soak almonds overnight. You've gotta do it because the almonds need to be soft. Drain and rinse.
2. Soak cashews for an hour. Drain and rinse.
3. Soak dates for about an hour. Drain and rinse. (Note: Date soak water is sweet! Throw it in your next green smoothie or something. I never throw it away.)
4. Process almonds and cashews in a food processor until they (almost) resemble flour. Add dates, agave nectar, coconut butter and vanilla. Process until well mixed and doughlike.
5. Add the cocoa powder and sea salt and process again.
6. Form cookies. Dehydrate for ten hours or even up to a full day if you want them to be crispy. I like them quite soft, myself.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
These are the best raw chocolate cookies that I've ever had.
This recipe does require a number of ingredients and overnight soaking, unlike this simple lemon cookie recipe. But I think it's worth it, because sometimes you just need that chocolatey fix.
I especially recommend dipping into the dehydrator while they're still drying. The insides are gooey and fudgey while the outside is kind of crispy. It's a perfect fix if you're missing the flavour of fudge!
If you're looking to really replicate a delicious, fatty-tasting cookie, make sure to add the coconut oil (also known as coconut butter). It really makes or breaks this raw chocolate fudge cookie.
Best raw chocolate fudge cookies recipe inspired by Renee Underkoffler
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!