Raw rice pudding
Rating5/5 (from 6 ratings)5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time3 hours 5 min
Suggested Servings4 servings
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (reserve)
- 1/4 cup raisins (reserve)
- 1/16 teaspoon pure almond extract (optional)
- 1. Put all ingredients (except the chia seeds and the raisins) in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- 2. Place chia seeds and raisins in a large bowl. Pour the blended mixture on top of the chia seeds and rasins, mixing slowly and thoroughly.
- 3. Cover raw rice pudding mixture and refrigerate for at least one hour. The purpose of refrigerating and letting the mixture sit for at least an hour is to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid. (Chia seeds are similar to tapioca. They increase in size!) Ideally, let this recipe sit in fridge for 3 hours. Overnight is even better!
- 4. Stir thoroughly before serving.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Oh dear, another raw rice pudding recipe. I am starting to get a reputation as the type of girl who only eats chia pudding, lol.
Well, since I've discovered this raw rice pudding, the fact is true. I don't even need to leave the house as long as I have a batch of this old-fashioned rice pudding on hand!
This recipe really does taste like the traditional rice pudding that you may have had as a child growing up, complete with the plump raisins.
Let me know how this raw rice pudding recipe compares with what you're used to!
- This recipe is very low in Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes