YieldA pint, depending on how much liquid you use!
2 fairly traded bananas
1/3 cup golden flax seeds
1 Medjool date
Handful of raisins (or more if you want)
1 teaspoon mesquite
1 teaspoon maca
1 teaspoon spirulina
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Liquid (I used water but nut milk would also be good)
1. Soak the raisins in a little water for 20-30 minutes whilst you do something else like showering or stretching.
2. Pour the soak water into your blender. Set the soaked raisins aside.
3. Grind the flax seeds into a powder and add to the blender.
4. Add the bananas, date, mesquite, cinnamon and spirulina.
5. Add liquid so it goes up to about half of the mix in the blender (at a guess). Blend until smooth.
6. Add the maca and more liquid if needed. Quickly whizz so it all mixes together.
7. Pour into a glass or bowl. add the raisins and mix in.
Maidenofthewell's ThoughtsBy maidenofthewell
This is what I just had for breakfast. It was amazing!
It was meant to be a smoothie but came out with more of a cake mixey texture. More liquid would probably make it more smoothie-like.
Also, you could probably use less liquid and dehydrate it into muffin/cookie type things.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitBlue_Eyes - 1 day 4 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 2 days 22 hours ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 3 days 21 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 3 days 21 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 4 days 2 hours ago