Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 batch of eggplant bacon (recipe found on this site)
1 batch of my sprouted wheat-caraway bread (recipe on this site)
1/4 cup soaked cashews
3 tablespoons pine nuts
1. Sprout wheat-berries a few days before, dehydrate them at 100, then grind into flour.
2. Then make the bread following the more detailed recipe I posted awhile ago.
3. The day before: Make the eggplant bacon. I let mine dehydrate for around 24 hours. It was crispy and yummy.
4. The day of: Soak some cashews and make the mayo.
5. Cashew-pine nut mayo: First chop the garlic with the salt. It completely changes the taste of the garlic to sweet and garlicky. It's changed my life, as of today. Anyway, mix the chopped garlic and salt with everything else, drizzling olive oil in slowly so it emulsifies. Yum.
6. While you're making the mayo, put the rye bread in the dehydrator to warm (unless you're a timing expert and can finish the bread with the bacon).
7. Assemble your sandwich.
8. Grub without guilt, because the pigs are still out there rooting in the compost.
Hail-kale's ThoughtsBy hail-kale
i used the eggplant bacon and wheat-caraway bread recipes from this site to make this delicious deli sandwich.
It was freaking awesome. I ate 3.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.