Yield1 dehydrator tray
3 medium carrots
3/4 cup pecans (soaked)
5 dates (pitted, soaked)
Water (from soaked dates)
1/4 cup chia seeds or flax seeds (ground)
Liquid sweetener of your choice
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon
1. Process carrots and apple in a food processor until well chopped. Set aside in a medium bowl.
2. Chop dates and pecans in a food processor. Add to carrot apple mixture.
3. Grind chia seeds (coffee grinder works well for me). Add ground chia to carrot 'dough'.
4. Add liquid sweetener, salt, and cinnamon to taste.
5. Add date soak water if more moisture is needed.
6. Spread on dehydrator sheet about 1/4-1/2" thick.
7. Dehydrate at 145 F for 1 1/2 hours, and then turn down to 110 and dehydrate 8 hours or until desired moisture is achieved.
8. Cut into squares and serve with coconut butter or sweet spread.
Jillian's ThoughtsBy jillian
A slightly sweet carrot bread.
Good for breakfast with a bit of coconut butter.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Fruit Juice Pulp?Mayank - 11 hours 9 min ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 23 hours 18 min ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 2 days 3 hours ago