1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
16 ounces baby carrots
3 to 4 dates
1/4 cup cashews (soak for a few hours, rinse, and drain)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon agar powder
1. Process crust ingredients together in a food processor and press into the bottom (and up sides a little) of a 7 inch springform pan.
2. Mix carrots, cashews, dates, and spices (to your taste) in a Vitamix or high powered blender until well pureed and set aside.
3. Dissolve the teaspoon of agar in about 2 ounces of water, then add another ounce of water and simmer this gently (whisking constantly) for about 3 minutes until all the agar is dissolved.
4. Set this aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
5. Slowly add the agar mixture to the carrot puree with the blender running on low or just enough to keep things moving. Then slowly add the melted coconut oil. Taste and adjust spices if you like.
6. Pour the filling into crust and place in fridge to set for a couple of hours.
Pj'srawkitchen's ThoughtsBy Pj'srawkitchen
My husband loves this and encouraged me to post it.
I used agar powder for this (otherwise the liquid will begin to separate as the filling sits).
The agar should be simmered in water for best results so that small component is not technically raw, but Irish moss or maybe even psyllium could be used.
As always, use the spices and number of dates to your taste preference.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
How long did your detox symptoms last?StephLovesFruit - 31 min 23 sec ago
protein sourcesjohnb4573 - 1 hour 16 min ago
Leg Crampslouiser - 15 hours 55 min ago
How do you not get bored of just raw fruit and veg 24-7?????jeddoveyl - 1 day 15 hours ago
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 2 days 4 hours ago