Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
YieldMakes a large pie; serves at least 8
1 cup almonds (soaked, dehydrated)
½ cup walnuts
1 cup dates or dried black mission figs (soaked)
Dash of sea salt
1/8 cup raw cacao nibs (ground or powder)
1/8 cup raw carob powder
1 cup almond butter
3 tablespoons honey or agave
Dash of sea salt
6 ripe bananas (frozen, in small pieces)
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs (ground or powder)
2 tablespoons raw carob powder
1. For the crust, process the nuts until coarsely chopped. Then blend in the dates or figs (I used some figs I had on hand, and they tasted great!), carob, and raw chocolate. I like a dash of sea salt also, but it’s optional.
2. Sprinkle raw chocolate nibs in the bottom of a pie plate and press the nut mixture on top to make the crust. The nibs help keep it from sticking and give a great crunchy texture and flavor.
3. Refrigerate while making the other ingredients.
4. Mix the almond butter and honey or agave by hand. Add a dash of salt to taste. Add more or less honey to taste and also to thin out the butter a bit. Add a little coconut water or purified water if you need to.
5. Pour into crust and spread for first layer.
6. Process half the banana pieces in the food processor until they are creamy and fluffy, like ice cream. You may have to let them thaw a bit or they won’t process well. It takes a little while, so be patient and let the processor run! Set aside in the refrigerator.
7. Process the other half of the bananas in exactly the same way. Then add carob and chocolate and blend well.
8. Pour into pie crust and spread over the almond butter layer. Pour the rest of the banana cream onto the pie and spread.
9. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Jukebox's ThoughtsBy Jukebox
A decadent pie, like a chocolate version of a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Elvis would approve!
I was craving peanut butter and bananas, but since I don’t eat peanut butter anymore, I tried to think of something using almond butter instead. I like to make banana "ice cream" by processing frozen bananas, and the thought came to me to make a banana cream pie with a nut crust and almond butter. Then I decided to add the chocolate, but you don’t have to if you don’t want. Just leave out the step of dividing the banana ice cream. Chocolate is optional in the crust.
This keeps best in the freezer, but it will freeze very hard and must thaw a bit before you can slice it. It will do well in the refrigerator for a short time if the refrigerator is very cold.
It is heavy and decadent! Even my SAD family enjoyed it at my nephew’s birthday party.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(lisay9782 - 2 hours 15 min ago
Buy Quality COUNTERFEIT MONEY(whatsapp +4915215387133)DOCUMENTSFACE TO FACE BUSINESS ALSO AVAILABLErankomark - 4 hours 40 min ago
body cleansing and eatingPolAnna - 6 hours 47 min ago
Change in eye colourliv07 - 9 hours 26 min ago
help:)BEST JUICER FOR GREENS??sharonthejuicer - 19 hours 13 min ago