2 cups almonds
1/2 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
Pinch of salt
2 cups cashews (soaked)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup agave or 1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup Medjool dates (soaked for about an hour)
Pinch of sea salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups pecan halves (soaked and dehydrated)
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons agave
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. In a food processor, chop almonds and add in the dates. pulse chop until dates and almonds are semi-fine but still crumbly. If you over-process, you will get dough.
2. Pour crumbs into a Pyrex or ceramic quiche pan 9" or so. Press down evenly to make a crust.
3. Blend all ingredients for the filling until nice and smooth.
4. Pour onto the crust and allow to set for 1/2 an hour or so until firm. You will need to be able to spread the date paste on top.
5. Prepare the date paste by placing the soaked dates in the food processor and adding the soak water until you get a smooth paste the consistency of frosting. Add the sea salt.
6. Spread mixture with a spatula on top of the set (cold) cheesecake.
7. Staring from the middle, make a flower pattern with the pecan halves. Keep adding more "petals" all around so you have an even and circular design from the nuts on top of the caramel layer.
8. Mix the chocolate, agave, and coconut oil in a small bowl and drizzle over the pecan layer evenly (I did sort of a spiral).
9. Place in the freezer to set.
10. Take out individual pieces and either eat it frozen or let it sit out 15-30 minutes before serving.
Decadent cheesecake dessert!
I serve this only for the most special occasions. This is a rare and always appreciated treat.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!