1 to 2 cups nuts
6 or more dates
1/2 cup raisins
Several cups unsweetened coconut (shredded)
Dried apricots (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon cocoa
Other dried fruit
Dash of cinnamon
Honey or raw agave nectar
Raw agave or honey
Raw unprocessed cocoa
1. Blend dates and raisins. Place into a bowl and mixed with finely chopped nuts (also can use blender) to form a dough which can be easily shaped.
2. Place into a pan and shape into the first "crust" layer.
3. Chop the apricots, raisins, cranberries, nuts, and any other dry fruit. Mix with coconut, which is the main ingredient in this layer.
4. Add the seasonings, and then agave or honey, forming a somewhat sticky texture.
5. Place the mixture on to the crust and shape into a layer, so you have a smooth texture throughout.
6. Mix agave or honey with the cocoa powder until a medium-thick chocolate sauce forms. Make enough of this sauce to cover the entire surface area of the "cake" or simply drizzle.
7. Now you have three complete layers of the coconut squares/bars. Freeze them for about 30 minutes or longer. Refrigerating them for a while will work fine too.
8. When they are ready to eat, simply cut into squares and serve.
Sultaria's ThoughtsBy Sultaria
I'm new to raw food but this was my first attempt at making a completely raw dessert.
I do not remember the amounts of ingredients I used, but they can vary depending on personal preferences and textures so use the amounts you see fit.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
could nuts make one tired?spflorida - 21 hours 40 min ago
Raw salad dressingRyanBrey - 22 hours 28 min ago
AlternativesRyanBrey - 22 hours 30 min ago
Gourmet Mushroom Sauce Beans Without Fear Of FatRyanBrey - 22 hours 30 min ago
body cleansing and eatingPolAnna - 2 days 13 sec ago