1 to 2 cups nuts
6 or more dates
1/2 cup raisins
Several cups unsweetened coconut (shredded)
Dried apricots (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon cocoa
Other dried fruit
Dash of cinnamon
Honey or raw agave nectar
Raw agave or honey
Raw unprocessed cocoa
1. Blend dates and raisins. Place into a bowl and mixed with finely chopped nuts (also can use blender) to form a dough which can be easily shaped.
2. Place into a pan and shape into the first "crust" layer.
3. Chop the apricots, raisins, cranberries, nuts, and any other dry fruit. Mix with coconut, which is the main ingredient in this layer.
4. Add the seasonings, and then agave or honey, forming a somewhat sticky texture.
5. Place the mixture on to the crust and shape into a layer, so you have a smooth texture throughout.
6. Mix agave or honey with the cocoa powder until a medium-thick chocolate sauce forms. Make enough of this sauce to cover the entire surface area of the "cake" or simply drizzle.
7. Now you have three complete layers of the coconut squares/bars. Freeze them for about 30 minutes or longer. Refrigerating them for a while will work fine too.
8. When they are ready to eat, simply cut into squares and serve.
Sultaria's ThoughtsBy Sultaria
I'm new to raw food but this was my first attempt at making a completely raw dessert.
I do not remember the amounts of ingredients I used, but they can vary depending on personal preferences and textures so use the amounts you see fit.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?lea01 - 3 hours 56 min ago
How to make a morning smoothie when you have no timeanniestk - 20 hours 55 min ago
What is your favorite salad recipe?anniestk - 21 hours 12 min ago
Do guavas help lose weight and treat diarrhea?anniestk - 1 day 5 hours ago
Diet and Exercising for Weight Loss!!!anniestk - 1 day 5 hours ago