Rating4/5 (from 2 ratings)4
CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA CRISP
2 cups buckwheat groats (sprouted)
1/2 cup raw coconut nectar, agave nectar, or brown rice syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup flax seed (ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla or chocolate
1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
CHEWY COOKIE CRUMBS
1 cup mixed nuts (cashews, pecans, and walnuts)
1 cup sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds
1 cup cranberries, raisins, and/or figs
1/4 cup flax seed (grounded)
1/4 coconut nectar
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 teaspoon maca
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1 cup cashews (soaked)
1/4 cup pine nuts or macadamia nuts
1 tablespoon coconut nectar or agave nectar
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1. To start the chocolate and vanilla crisp, sprout buckwheat groats for about 2 days rinsing every day.
2. Blend the buckwheat groats until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Spread out the mixture onto a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for about 8 hours.
4. Break apart the pieces into bite sized and dehydrate for another 1-2 hours.
5. Store in refrigerator.
Note: For sweeteners, I tried all 3 and separated them all. The best solution was 1/4 cup coconut nectar and 1/4 cup brown rice syrup.
6. To make the chewy cookie crumbs, process mixed nuts, seeds, and flax seed until crumbly (don't process for too long!). Add in the rest of the ingredients and process lightly again.
7. Smooth out into a pan and freeze for an hour or until firm.
8. Break it into bite sized pieces. Store in refrigerator.
9. For the nut milk, rinse and soak cashews and pine nuts for 1-2 hours in 3 cups water, and then blend. Add in the rest of the ingredients and refrigerate.
Amandanicolesmith's ThoughtsBy amandanicolesmith
My favorite cereal of all time!
This cereal is both crispy and soft with a buckwheat, cacao, and vanilla dough that is dehydrated until crispy.
What's better then a raw cereal to start your day?
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Feeling coldFloory - 1 hour 3 min ago
blackheads!!!daronf - 6 hours 30 min ago
Glowing Skin, WHEN???daronf - 6 hours 33 min ago
Addicted to juices. Advice on juicers?madave33 - 23 hours 28 min ago
Does anyone have any contacts in the USA in the fresh coconut distributing business?tonyc9832 - 1 day 14 hours ago