Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
Yield2 meals for hungry people or 4 appetizers
5 cups cubed jicama (1 medium jicama)
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup almond oil (just shy of 1/2 cup)
Generous seasoning of sea salt
1 medium red tomato
FOR THE PLATE
2 handfuls of baby arugula
2 tablespoons almond oil (for each plate of arugula)
Salt and pepper
1. Pulse the jicama in a food processor until it has a couscous texture. Scoop it out into a fine mesh colander and rinse briefly under cold water to get out some of the starchiness.
2. Then dump it onto a clean towel or paper towels and dry as best you can. Place in a big enough bowl.
3. Process the pine nuts. (RFRW instructs using a food processor) I used my coffee/spice grinder. I processed until it was finely chopped and a bit wet and mushy. Then mix it together with the jicama.
4. Add the almond oil and the sea salt. Chop up the tomato into small cubes and mix into the couscous.
5. Place one handful of arugula on each plate. Add one tablespoon of almond oil to each plate of arugula. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop the couscous onto each plate on top of the arugula.
JoyceH's ThoughtsBy JoyceH
This is inspired from Raw Food Real World’s couscous recipe.
They use currants while I used tomatoes and added my own variations. It’s a nice summery recipe that is very filling and tasty.
My picky husband really enjoyed this dinner and kept saying how much he liked it. I think the tomatoes and unique flavor of the almond oil made it lovely.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
blackheads!!!travisb - 1 day 1 hour ago
Hello Rawtarianstravisb - 1 day 18 hours ago
Wheatgrass in LA !!!bluesky-raw vegan - 2 days 7 hours ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 3 days 8 hours ago
Homemade almond butter?amytee - 3 days 15 hours ago