Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup coconut (shredded or flaked)
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
3/4 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
1 cup almonds (soaked 8 hours, well rinsed)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water (as needed)
1/4 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or throw in a vanilla bean)
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. In a food processor, blend the nuts and cacao powder until the mixture is well ground.
2. Add coconut and pulse a couple of times to mix it in. Add dates and blend until a dough is formed.
3. After soaking the almonds, the skin will come off quite easily. Removing the skin will result in a smoother cream.
4. Blend all the ingredients together and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up for 1-2 hours.
5. Sift the cacao powder through a sieve into a bowl.
6. Add remaining ingredients and blend with a small whisk until smooth.
7. In a square or rectangular pan, press the base mixture along the pan to form the bottom of the square. Then spoon in the cream and spread it evenly.
8. Top with a thin layer of chocolate sauce. Have sauce in a shallow pan of warm water or in a dehydrator to keep the chocolate melted and pourable.
Cupcakes revenge's ThoughtsBy cupcakes revenge
I love Nanaimo bars! Here's a recipe for a raw version.
Keep them in the fridge or freeze them for a longer life.
Enjoy them frozen for an ice creamy treat.
Note: In the photos here, I rolled out the base mixture and used a champagne glass to cut out the circles.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.