Rating4.8/5 (from 8 ratings)4.75
YieldAbout 3 cups
½ cup Brazil nuts (coarsely chopped)
1 cup large coconut flakes
½ cup cashews (coarsely chopped)
¼ cup sesame seeds
1¼ cups raw honey
1 tablespoon sesame tahini
½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Place the honey in a bowl with the tahini, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix together. Do this before you mix the nuts in. The honey softens as you stir, and it is easier to mix without the chunky stuff first.
2. Then add the nuts, seeds, and coconut. Mix together. When it is thoroughly mixed, stop mixing (ha ha ha).
3. It can be eaten at this point. It tastes great, even before dehydrating. Probably a quarter of the recipe is eaten by the time it’s all on the dehydrator trays, when I make it anyway!
3. To get the full caramely effect, spread onto dehydrator trays lined with Teflex sheets (or cellophane or waxed paper) and dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for about 24 hours. It will melt down at first so don’t get it too close to the edges of the tray, or you might have a hell of a sticky mess on your hands.
4. Serve it warm over fruit or ‘ice cream’, or scrape it into balls and refrigerate.
Jamestheraw's ThoughtsBy jamestheraw
When I tasted this, the first thing I thought was “Oh, my god. I think I can die now.”
You can substitute any nuts you like. I think walnuts and pecans would taste good too, but I'm a coconut and cashew whore, so I didn’t even think about that.
I suppose the addition of raw cacao or carob would also be awesome, although I dig this recipe so much I can’t imagine it being any better lol.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Hello Everyonekullboys - 1 hour 24 min ago
Juice or smoothie to start the morning?TammiTrue - 15 hours 34 min ago
No poo problemsClaireT - 3 days 7 hours ago
How do I commit myself to a 100% raw food diet, when...ClaireT - 3 days 7 hours ago
Where did my sex drive go!?? (men please reply)ethanbrem - 3 days 17 hours ago