Yield9 servings (2 pieces each)
3 large yellow onions
1 cup ground flax seeds (golden, brown, or a combo)
1 cup raw sunflower seeds (ground in a food processor)
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or nama shoyu
¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
1. Peel and halve the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
2. Place onions in large bowl and mix with the rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread mix over a teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
4. Dehydrate at 100°F for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
5. Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically).
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip, or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations!
Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach Caesar salad.
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution.
I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency, and the nama shoyu percentage is decreased for taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 5 days 1 hour ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 6 days 58 min ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 6 days 1 hour ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 6 days 6 hours ago