3/4 cup raw whole cashews (soaked 8 hours or overnight, then rinsed)
3/4 cup raw whole almonds (soaked 8 hours overnight, then rinsed)
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon organic flax oil
1/4 cup whole flax seeds
1 ripe banana (peeled)
2 tablespoons almond butter (creamy/raw/unsalted)
2 tablespoons nama shoyu
1/2 cup granny smith apple (chopped)
1/4 cup raisins
1. Place nuts in a blender or food processor and pulse until they are well chopped (not nut butter status).
2. Pour in sunflower seeds, flax oil, and flax seeds. Pulse a few more times until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, mash the peeled banana with a fork, then add almond butter and soy sauce. Stir to form a sauce.
4. Add nut mixture from blender and combine well.
5. Fold in apples and raisins.
Vegankid's ThoughtsBy vegankid
You could serve this with raw crackers or anything you'd like.
If you're not completely raw, this would be delicious in a whole grain pita.
It's good on its own too. Or get creative!
Granola: I made some variations today. I didn't have flax oil, but I added a tablespoon or 2 of agave nectar and cinnamon to taste.
It kind of made it into a delicious granola for either breakfast or a snack.
My SAD eating parents love this recipe too!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 21 hours 21 min ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 21 hours 22 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 21 hours 24 min ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 4 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 5 days 8 hours ago