RAW VEGAN GEFILTEFISH
- 1 C cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 C almonds, soaked overnight
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 small carrot
- 1 C green onion, or chives, finely minced
- 1 bunch parsley or fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 C lemon juice (more or less, to taste)
- 1 – 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1 T kelp granules (or more, for fishy,salty taste) freshly grated horseradish
In a Champion juicer, fitted with the blank plate, (or food processor) process soaked cashews, almonds, pine nuts,and carrot. (the mixture should be thick)
Place nut/carrot mixture into a large bowl. Add lemon juice,kelp, and water, as needed,to achieve a wet patÃ© consistency. Add the minced onion, parsley, and minced garlic.
Form balls or patties. Let stand to allow flavors to develop.
Serve over lettuce, with freshly-grated horseradish on the side.
Manifestnow's ThoughtsBy manifestnow
raw vegan gefiltefish for Hanukkah, or whenever.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.