Yield1-2 plate servings
2 handfuls of sea spaghetti (soak for 30 minutes, rinse very well)
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked and rinsed)
3 dates (pitted and soaked)
4 Roma tomatoes (chopped in chunks)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 avocado (skinned, pitted, sliced thin)
3 leaves of red lettuce (rinsed, and chopped in chunks)
Handful of pine nuts
5 black olives (in cold pressed oil)
½ cup white mushrooms (rinsed and sliced thin)
1. While soaking the spaghetti, prepare the marinara sauce by processing all the ingredients (except the avocado, lettuce, pine nuts, and olives) until well blended.
2. Slice up your avocado, and prep the lettuce.
3. When ready to serve, plate the dish as follows:
4. Lay lettuce nicely on the plate. Add the sea spaghetti.
5. Pour as much of the marinara sauce as desired. Layer mushrooms on top.
6. Then add slices of the avocado on top and around the plate.
7. Sprinkle pine nuts, and set the olives around the plate.
Myrawlife's ThoughtsBy myrawlife
Sea spaghetti is a delicious and nutritious seaweed.
It looks like spaghetti,and when soaked has the texture of pasta “al dente” style.
I wanted to eat it like spaghetti, so I made a nice marinara sauce, and layed it on a bed of lettuce.
You don’t have to add the avocado, or the pine nuts, or the olives.
They are just for garnish, but they taste real good with the dish. You can also ground up the pine nuts to use as “Parmesan cheese” if you’d like.
Your choice. Enjoy!
The sea spaghetti can be hard to find. I found my selection through the Raw World Site.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 20 hours 40 min ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 3 days 13 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 23 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 3 days 23 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 3 days 23 hours ago