YieldThis makes one big pizza. The size of a dehydrator tray. I recommend doubling it.
2 cups buckwheat sprouts, just sprout for 24 hours
1 stick celery
1 clove garlic
5 fresh ripe tomatoes
3 cups dried tomatoes (soaked for 1/2 hour before using)
3 dates (soaked for 15 minutes if using dried dates)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 white or yellow onion
1 cup pine nuts
1 cob of corn
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion
1 orange or red bell pepper
1. Process the buckwheat, celery, garlic, and bananas together in a food processor. Spread out onto a dehydrator tray until 2cm thick.
2. Slice tomatoes thinly and press into the base. Dehydrate for about a day until solid, but not too crispy.
3. Make 3 cups of dehydrated tomatoes (or use sun dried). Blend in food processor with 1/4 cup onion, one ripe tomato, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 3 dates (soaked if not fresh) and a teaspoon of salt until it is a deep red color and everything is smooth. It takes a while to do it thoroughly. You may need a touch of water to get it smooth.
4. Spread this on the pizza crust after it is dehydrated.
5. Cut up the peppers, mushrooms, and red onion. Sprinkle all over a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for a few hours until the veggies have softened.
6. Process the corn and the pine nuts with the olive oil until it is really creamy. Add salt to taste.
7. Spread it over a dehydrator tray. While you’re drying everything else, dehydrate it for about 6 hours or until it has gone golden and a little hard on one side. Just do one side.
8. Once the crust, cheese, and veggies are dehydrated, you can assemble the pizza. Do this just as you are about to eat it. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza, then the veggies, and then the cheese softest side down.
Zoe's ThoughtsBy Zoe
This is adapted from "Detox Delights" by Shazzie.
This is worth the effort. Make double the recipe. You will want to eat more of it. I always make two at once.
It is very reminiscent of cooked pizza and really helps to squash bready, carby junk food cravings.
The photo is kindly donated by the wonderful Mygreenmojo, it looks great. Thank you!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw Food & Army LifeRin - 20 hours 14 min ago
No weight loss?ClaireT - 1 day 19 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss Supportamanda966 - 2 days 10 hours ago
What to I do if my grandma pushes cooked food on me?Harmony1 - 2 days 17 hours ago
Sick when eating cooked foodtryingtoraw - 3 days 16 hours ago