Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
Cores from 10 zucchini or 2 whole zucchini (peeled)
1/4 cup tahini (or to taste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice from 1/2 lime (or to taste)
A small piece of garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 of a red bell pepper (optional)
3 bunches kale
1. Put all hummus ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until perfectly smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. I usually grate the zucchini when making hummus and then squeeze out all of the water, but for this it is better a little thinner.
2. Divide kale and tear into large bite sized pieces. Rinse well and dry as much as possible.
3. In a large bowl, mix hummus with kale and mix until it is all coated, it should be coated pretty heavily.
4. Spread on Teflex covered mesh dehydrator sheets and sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds. This gives added flavor and makes them very messy!
5. Dehydrate at 115 degrees until crisp. It takes me (in a somewhat humid climate) about 12 hours.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
I was about to make my regular kale chips and realized I didn't have everything I needed.
I was also spiralizing zucchini. I usually save the cores to make hummus.
So, I decided to combine the two. I am very happy with the result.
I usually take these to the movies, then I am not even tempted by the popcorn, my former favorite food.
I show them here in my plastic popcorn bucket.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.