3/4 cup buckwheaties/oats
1/4 cup coconut (dried)
1 cup apricots and figs (partially hydrated)
1 tablespoon coconut butter
Pinch of salt
Ground flax and carob/mesquite flour (for dusting)
1. Soak dried apricots and figs in warm water for 10 minutes to partially soften.
2. Grind up buckwheat and oats in Vitamix until fine.
3. Process all the ingredients in the food processor until a ball of dough forms.
4. Flour your worktop with some ground flax and carob flour. Take half the dough and roll out flat (about 1/2 cm thick) or as thick or thin as you want your cookies. I like mine very thin.
5. Place on your dehydrator tray without teflex.
6. Prick cookies with a fork. I do them 3 times in the middle just to make sure they dry easier.
7. Leave on 145 F for one hour then flip over and turn down to 115 F until they are as dry or chewy as you like them.
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely light cookie without nuts and seeds, apart from the coconut.
You can use them to make a sandwich with apricot jam inside and cream on top. Be creative!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Water Fasting - Anyone done that before?agnesc - 2 days 2 hours ago
Go Macrobar legit?petitechia - 2 days 18 hours ago
Disturbing Craving...ClaireT - 5 days 10 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?yonil - 1 week 1 day ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?TammiTrue - 1 week 1 day ago