3/4 cup buckwheaties/oats
1/4 cup coconut (dried)
1 cup apricots and figs (partially hydrated)
1 tablespoon coconut butter
Pinch of salt
Ground flax and carob/mesquite flour (for dusting)
1. Soak dried apricots and figs in warm water for 10 minutes to partially soften.
2. Grind up buckwheat and oats in Vitamix until fine.
3. Process all the ingredients in the food processor until a ball of dough forms.
4. Flour your worktop with some ground flax and carob flour. Take half the dough and roll out flat (about 1/2 cm thick) or as thick or thin as you want your cookies. I like mine very thin.
5. Place on your dehydrator tray without teflex.
6. Prick cookies with a fork. I do them 3 times in the middle just to make sure they dry easier.
7. Leave on 145 F for one hour then flip over and turn down to 115 F until they are as dry or chewy as you like them.
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely light cookie without nuts and seeds, apart from the coconut.
You can use them to make a sandwich with apricot jam inside and cream on top. Be creative!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
spiral slicersClaireT - 1 day 20 hours ago
DivaCup newbieClaireT - 1 day 20 hours ago
I am going crazy: insomnia and low fat diet?mindyt - 4 days 10 hours ago
How Long Can I Live On Just Juicesjennifera7227 - 4 days 14 hours ago
Low appetite after switching to a fruitarian diet.cacu2020 - 6 days 12 hours ago